Corporate transactional practice
Under corporate and transaction practice, we broadly cover our entire non-contentious
services except compliance management. The areas of practice covered include the
- Private fund raise - private equity, venture capital, debt (institutional and non-institutional),
- Due diligence services – corporate, real estate, asset, business;
- Corporate transactions and restructuring – M&A, acquisitions (business, company),
joint ventures, debt restructuring, corporate restructuring;
- Real estate advisory & transactions – commercial and residential lease, sale deeds,
- Contract management – review/drafting of commercial contracts (including NDA, employment
contracts, vendor/customer contracts, service contracts, IP licenses and assignments,
IT service contracts, procurement contracts);
- General corporate and commercial legal advisory.
Dispute Resolution practice
Under the dispute resolution practice, we cover our entire contentious services.
The areas of practice covered include the following:
- Arbitration – advisory, representation before court and arbitral tribunal;
- Commercial litigation (civil) – contractual disputes, IP (trademarks, copyright,
domain names), consumer;
- Criminal litigation – dishonour of cheques, white collar crimes, data theft;
- Corporate disputes - shareholder disputes, minority protection, insolvency and winding
- Environment laws related litigation (civil and criminal).
Compliance and Regulatory
- Corporate secretarial compliance management – acting as an external secretarial
department, we handle all secretarial compliances related to Companies Act, 2013/1956;
- Specific assignments involving secretarial services or certifications under Companies
Act, 2013, FEMA;
- Drafting, liaison, filing and prosecution of applications for licenses, approvals
and registrations with various regulators such as RBI, FSSAI, Legal Metrology Department,
BIS and drug controller.
- Real estate and infrastructure
- Health care and pharmaceuticals
- E-commerce, new age companies and technology
- Franchise and trading
Filing and Prosecution Services
- Filing and prosecution of IP applications;
- International filing under PCT, Madrid Protocol and direct filings through international
- Searches (National and International clearance of trademarks and availability opinions,
IP investigations and protection strategy, IP acquisition and due diligence analysis).
- Legal assistance in raids and investigations working closely with independent enforcement
agencies having pan India reach.
- Risk analysis and loss quantification reports, (Non) Infringement and (In) validity
- Watch Service for prospective trade mark infringements.
- Filing, prosecuting pre and post grant patent oppositions, trade mark oppositions
and other actions in IPO.
- Litigation strategy.
- Licensing and Assignments
- Corporate transactions involving IP assets
- IP Audits, IP Due Diligence
- Technology transfer agreements
- Collaboration contracts
- Franchising and co-existence agreements
- Merchandising Agreements
- Civil, Criminal actions, injunctions, john-doe orders.
- Domain name dispute resolution under UDRP / INDRP through WIPO, NIXI and other forums.
- Advise on protection of unregistered IP.
- Advise related to employee related confidentiality issues, drafting corporate policies and training employees on soft-IP issues.
- Drafting agreements to prevent unauthorized disclosures, licensing of trade secrets, know-how, brands and other unregistered IP, invention disclosures etc.
- Data protection and privacy.