Alpha Partners invites applications for a role in its capital markets practice.
|Job title||Principal Associate/Associate Partner (Capital Markets)|
|Reports to/Approval authority||Managing Partner|
- Heading the capital markets practice vertical of the firm;
- Managing a team of associates and senior associate;
- Directly negotiate with clients, and alliance partners and/or support case teams in negotiating contracts acceptable to the firm
- Negotiating key transaction agreements, advising on initial public offering(IPO), qualified institutions placement(QIP), rights issue, SME IPO, buyback of shares and Company Law, Foreign Exchange Laws, Listing Regulations, Insider Trading Regulations work.
- Lead and responsible for team mentoring and project management
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating the work of other professional parties on the transactions, e.g. investment bankers, lawyers, regulatory bodies and auditors for investment/ IPO projects.
- Handle business correspondences and reports.
- Exposure in participating on the execution of IPO projects.
- Significant capabilities across the whole range of capital markets matters, including regulatory and statutory compliance issues, registrations with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating multiple varieties of share subscription agreement, shareholders- agreement, share purchase agreement, founder’s agreement;
- Be well versed with Indian Regulatory requirements and terminologies of RBI, SEBI, IRDA and other related industry bodies and associations such as NSE, BSE, AMFI, NSDL, CDSL, CCIL, etc.
- Additional experience in M&A, Takeover codes, PE / VC agreements will be beneficial.
- General corporate commercial advisory.
- Interacting with internal and external stakeholders to ensure contract closure
- Experience: 6-8 years’ experience in capital markets practice in an Indian law firm
- Education: LLB
About the firm
Alpha is a corporate and commercial law firm based out of NCR of Delhi and Bangalore (Bengaluru), India. Alpha is an experienced young firm having full-service verticals for corporate M&A, PE/VC, real estate and disputes practice, having domestic and international clients ranging from governmental authorities, funds, large corporations and international clients particularly from the US, Canada, UK and European jurisdictions. Alpha also assists foreign companies to set up in India. We understand our clients’ need – to provide result oriented, cost effective business solutions and not merely legal advice. Alpha Partners was awarded the best start up law firm of the year in 2015, in the third year of its inception by IDEX Legal, was ranked as a recommended law firm by Legal 500 in 2016 for its corporate and dispute resolution practices and in 2017, was ranked as one of the top 10 Most Promising Legal Consultants by Consultant Review. The firm has also been recognized by IFLR1000 for 2019 edition for M&A and private equity practice areas. Alpha has also been ranked as a Rising Star by India Business Law Journal in 2018 and 2019.
Established in 2012.